Mining players ask burning questions
Posted by Talitha Hlaka on 31 July 2017 12:45 PM SAST
A group of mining players, engage on the uncertaity within the industry they are in.
A few questions and queries arise from the floor as we get into the agenda of the day:
- Current uncertainties due to government matters
- Some stakeholders much ahead than others within government, private sectors, organised labour, communities etc.
- Resource nationalism - what else; what more can we get out of mining; how do we explain the future to others.
- Price pressure on mining commodities
- Government regulations an issue. What new regulations to expect tomorrow
- Consumption packages have changed - Industry 4.0
- Will SA & Zim align; Mineral beneficiation
- Jobs are not growing in mining due to automation
- Price pressure on mining will likely continue - commodity price stay low
- How to think long term given the uncertainty